Company Name: Karma Surf and Yoga Retreats
Name of yoga retreat:
- SUP and Yoga Retreat ( stand up paddle board)
- Yoga and Climbing Retreat
- Surf and Yoga Retreat
- Hiking and Yoga Retreat
- Mountain Bike and Yoga Retreat
- Surf and Yoga for two
- Surf and Yoga for families
- Surf Deluxe
Dates: very wide variety of dates available
Location: Karma surf and yoga retreats have two locations in Portugal. One is in Malveira da Serra -Lisbon in an upscale residental area and the other is Algarve.
Cost/Price: For a one week retreat prices start at 699 € for their low season couples yoga and surf retreats (double occupancy) going up to 1199 € for single occupancy in their nicest accommodations during their high season.
- Low season: February, March and November
- Mid Season: April - June and October
- High Season July-September.
Early booking discounts? Don't see any discounts available on their website.
Description of the Retreat: Combing yoga with a variety of other activities Karma surf and Yoga Retreats provides an almost all inclusive experience to guests. The activities are coordinated with another company and Karma takes care of the details. This is a very family friendly place and they do have child-minding available. Lots of extras are available, from bike rentals and massages to fitness classes and horseback riding.
Lisbon location: An open concept house with different rooms available to accommodate either singles, couple or families. Amenities include Wifi, pool, a garden and a hammock, a kitchen, laundry facilities.
Algarve location: Again the set up is a house with several rooms. Large modern kitchens and terraces and gardens to relax. A pool to cool off in or lounge around.
Instructor name and bio: Various resident instructors and some special guests.
Type of Yoga: Varies with each instructor, as they don't focus on one type of yoga as a company.
Is there childminding available? Yes
What's included in the cost of the retreat:
- 2 daily yoga classes
- packed lunches
- one dinner
- ocean view
- pool access
- fruit, coffee, tea, water and juice
- your activity purchased in package ie hiking and yoga package included hiking and yoga
- daily maid service
- equipment rental for package activities
What's not included in retreat cost:
- travel insurance
- extra activities ie mountain biking, quad tour, horseback riding,
Are non-yoga partners welcome? yes
Food whats included in the cost and what type of food is it?
- organic healthy breakfasts
- packed lunches to take with you on excursions
- one welcome BBQ
For the rest of your meals accommodations have a kitchenette for you to cook meals or explore the near by restaurants
Do they serve alcohol?
- one welcome drink is served. You are free to bring your ow
- 8am gentle yoga
- 9am breakfast
- 10am excursions, lunch is packed for you to enjoy on rest from surfing
- 2pm back to the retreat or stay and relax at the beach
- 4 or 5 pm a second yoga class
- evening are free time for you to go out for dinner or prepare a meal on your own.
Instructions for getting there:
For both retreat locations fly to Lisbon. The either take a cab or rent a car to your location.
The Lisbon Location: Hosted by Jesse a warm and welcoming person. Views are beautiful. All the people are friendly and like minded. Your needs are well taken care of as the host is present for the majority of the retreat. Atmosphere is relaxed , yet professional. The rooms could use a little updating as of August 2014, but it seems that may have been taken care of already. Experience is much more enjoyable when the weather is nice as yoga is outside on terrace but in poor weather yoga is done in the living room and it can get a little tight for space. Some bathrooms are shared, but the suite have private bathrooms. Overall the price is high and many people expected higher cleanliness with this sort of price.