Ajalia gardens, Bolton Ontario Canada
Now this retreat definitely has a large focus on meditation. Within your weekend retreat schedule you actually have 3 hours on Saturday and one more class on Sunday dedicated to only meditation. And there is also silence or meditation until the first hatha class in the morning. Wow! And you still have free time to relax, socialize, explore, or get a massage. Please note there is a strong urge to follow the Hara Krishna philosophy. Also a couple of things to note, they room 3 people to a room, regardless of whether or not you know your roommates- this is pretty common in yoga retreats but very uncommon for Canadian or American guests. You can have your own room, but it will cost extra. The bathrooms are shared. They include 2 meals a day of vegetarian dishes.
Reviews: out of 8 reviews they have an average of 4 out of 5 stars. 4 excellent, 1 very good, 1 average, and 2 poor.
Type of yoga: hatha and restorative in the evening
Child minding available? no
Other Activities (other than yoga): relaxing, swimming, volleyball, in the winter bring your skates for skating on the frozen pond.
$290 to stay inside the house (shared accommodation)
• $250 to stay in the cabin (it's quite cozy, a favourite for many - the cabin is adjacent the yoga studio)
• $160 to camp around our beautiful pond and use the indoor facilities - bring your own tent
• $99 to come for a single Saturday and enjoy all our programs
Prices include shared accommodation, food and all classes.
Non Yogi partners welcome? yes
Food 2 meals of vegetarian food included in cost
• Friday night August 30 to Sunday September 1, 2013 (noon)
• Friday night October 4 to Sunday October 6, 2013 (noon)
• Friday night November 1 to Sunday November 3, 2013 (noon)
• Friday night November 29 to Sunday December 1, 2013 (noon)